Sri Sai Seva Sadan

Project Brief: Sri Sai Seva Sadan, a non-profit organization, is committed to provide services to the persons with emotional, developmental and educational disabilities and to provide highest quality service to children and adolescents with special needs.
Project Type: Children with Disabilities (description)
Primary Focus: children with disabilities (description)

Secondary Focus: other

Area: Urban
Supporting Chapter Contact: Seattle
Status: current / ongoing
Project Steward: Sridhar Dandapanthula
Project Partner(s): Bhasker Mukhara
Other Contacts:
Project Address: , 6-3-668/10/20,Durganagar colony,Punjagutta,
ANDHRA PRADESH  500082
Tel: 040-23402757
Stewarding Chapter: Seattle
Nov 2019SeattleUSD 39647
Mar 2019SeattleUSD 874
Nov 2018SeattleUSD 29484
Jul 2018SeattleUSD 39996
Dec 2016SeattleUSD 68431
Apr 2015SeattleUSD 37291
Mar 2014SeattleUSD 34188
Jun 2013SeattleUSD 14270
Jan 2013SeattleUSD 15052
Sep 2012SeattleUSD 9135
Feb 2011SeattleUSD 6300
Nov 2010SeattleINR 8
Nov 2010SeattleINR 845392
Dec 2009SeattleUSD 0
Jun 2008SeattleUSD 35625

Total = $348722.72

Services are provided in a caring and humane way to foster human potential and to contribute to the person’s health, social, psychological and educational well-being. The Trust is targeting primarily adolescents from rural and poor families.

Their motive is to bring in new life to those unfortunate adolescents suffer­ing with disabilities to enable them lead normal life and / or carry their occupational jobs regardless of caste, creed, race & religion.

Some of the trustees in the group are active trust Members in theit local community in promoting yoga centre for gents, & ladies, cultural activities like Music, dance etc for children. Whenever there is a natural calamity, the members actively participate and contribute to the cause. Our group contributed articles like wheel chair & bed sheets to”Home for Disabled “.
Sri Sai Seva Sadan, a non-profit organization, is committed to provide services to the persons with emotional, developmental and educational disabilities and to provide highest quality service to children and adolescents with special needs.
Mr. Bhaskar garu worked in the AP Govt (now retired) as Director of Industries, and had been successful in implementing some social welfare activities in the scope of his position. Motivated by conversations withhis daughter in law in 2006, a psychiatrist who was working as a medical director of long- term residential care facility of Devereux (http://www.devereux.org), a non-profit organization focused on helping developmentally challenged children and adults http://www.devereux.org. Based on this, Mr. Bhasker started an organization in India to help children/adolescents with mild to moderate learning disabilities living in rural areas.
Sri Sai Seva Sadan has been established with the intention of serving the rural poor children / adolescents who have no way of getting specialized medical and special education facilities., which are mostly available in cities only. All these services viz., lodging and boarding etc., are being given to them free of cost including supply of medicines. Ad such we do not get any income from this project. Asha has been funding this project since 2008 covering 80% of the total project coast and remaining 20% comes from local donations.